[Xen-devel] Patching a kernel from Centos 3.4 to xenitize it

  • To: Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: David Ballester Montolio <dbm0572@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 10:35:20 +0200 (CEST)
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 01:35:47 -0700

Hi to all:

First, my congrats to the Xen developers, Xen is amazing! I've playing with it for a while and each time is more fun, surpassing my expectations. Keep the good work, you've another xen fan.

Second, I don't wanna waste your time but I made the same question in xen users list few days ago,  without any response and I need to know the answer.

I think that could be possible to get a Centos 3.4 install, get the kernel source code ( the stack kernel that comes with Centos 4.3, 2.6.9-34 I think ) patch it with xen and use it to launch guest machines ( taking care of root , disks, etc...)  but all info about recompiling kernels with xen that i can find seems to be related only to the xenitized kernel 2.6.16 . I need this cause i'm testing some products that needs to run in RedHat / Centos with 'original' 2.6.9 kernel

It's possible ?
If yes, any body can point me to info where I can start to do things? ( patches, howtos...)

In any case, thanks a lot for your time.

Regards

David.