[Xen-devel] Bug report - Unable to install Windows XP on domU

All,

I have run into a bug with xen where I cannot install Windows XP on domU. I am running the following:
Fedora Core 5 - both 2.6.16 and 2.6.17 kernels tested
Intel Pentium D930 CPU
Asus MB
Xen 3.0.2 (which appears to be a xen-unstable build, looking at the SRPM)

I am having the same problem as described in step 6 at http:// lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2006-06/msg00452.html where Windows installation hangs at the point that the screen says "Setup is starting Windows". The solution mentioned there (selecting a different hardware profile) does not work.

Please advise what logfiles, etc. you require and I will post them.

I am currently trying to build xen-unstable from mercurial, pulled today, but I am having trouble with this... The kernel that builds does not boot my machine (seems to not know about LVM and as such is unable to mount my root disk). The instructions for using my own kernel config at http://tx.downloads.xensource.com/downloads/docs/ user/#SECTION02140000000000000000 are wrong / do not work. changing into the Linux source directory and doing make ARCH=xen oldconfig returns Makefile:439: /home/waynep/Xen/xen-unstable.hg/linux-2.6.16.13-x en/ arch/xen/Makefile: No such file or directory make: *** No rule to make target `/home/waynep/Xen/xen-unstable.hg/ linux-2.6.16.13- xen/arch/xen/Makefile'. Stop.

Any advice on progressing this would be GREATLY appreciated!

--
Wayne Pascoe    (gpg --keyserver www.co.uk.pgp.net --recv-keys 79A7C870)
Some days violence is just a nice quick solution to a problem