RE: [Xen-devel] BUG: soft lockup detected on CPU#0! on 3.0.2-2

On Tue, 5 Sep 2006, Ian Pratt wrote:
I presume this is in a guest? As an experiment, try running it in dom0

I will try that on Tusday. (the box is at a client's location, and I don't have off-site access)

Are these SMP guests?

yes. this is a SMP guest

Are you sure the problem doesn't happen with native 2.6.16?

No. I am sure the problem doesn't happen in native 2.4 with the RHEL3 patches, though.