Re: [Xen-devel] PATCH: makes acm_setup arch independant

On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 10:10 +0200, Tristan Gingold wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the acm_setup code use a multiboot descriptor to extract the policy module.
> Because multiboot is not used on every platform, I slightly changed the
> interface: acm_setup now use buffer/len arguments.
> The module extraction code is moved to arch/x86/setup.c
>
> I have just tested this code on ia64.
> The code compiles on x86 but I am unable to test it.

Hi Tristan, when you send patches like this that impact all the
architectures, could you please:
1. Include all architectures in the same patch. Do not just change x86
and omit IA64 and PowerPC. That way you won't break the build, and all
the code can be evaluated in the same email.
2. CC xen-ppc-devel as a heads-up.

Thanks!

--
Hollis Blanchard