Re: [Xen-devel] unstable tip not booting on x86-64 with 'domain_crash_sync'

On Thu, 7 Sep 2006, Keir Fraser wrote:

On 7/9/06 15:32, "Muli Ben-Yehuda" <muli@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Have you tried disassembling the kernel image to look at the address
in the backtrace to see where the kernel is crashing?

Working on it now.

FWIW, it's an 8G Intel based machine, but playing with the ammount of
memory dedicated to Xen/dom0 doesn't make a different. Also, it
doesn't happen on a dual Opteron x86-64 machine.

Binary chop on changeset revisions isn't a bad idea. I would think
that such a blatant failure mode couldn't have crept in all that long
ago.

For what it's worth, a couple of us here got bitten by this every now
and then a couple of weeks back and it was on Opterons.  From what we
saw, it might have been dependent on the toolchain or something of the
like (although I hope it isn't).  I was building using Debian AMD64
stable and it would crash.  I upgraded to Debian testing and it went
away.  It started happening after c/s 11131 within about 100 changesets
or so.  It seemed really obscure and not widespread so we just moved on.

I hope this information helps a little.

  --travis