[Xen-devel] access vmm from dom0

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Michael Le <mvle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 16:11:03 -0700 (PDT)
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 11:26:00 -0700

Hi,

Is there an escape mechanism that would allow a guest kernel in dom0 to directly access the memory space of the VMM without having to go through the hypercalls? I want to be able to mess with physical pages from within dom0 and perhaps with some vmm data structures from outside of the vmm.

I know this breaks strict layering and isolation properties but it would be useful for a tool i'm trying to build.

Thanks,
Mike