Re: [Xen-devel] problem with xenperf

  • To: "Apparao, Padmashree K" <padmashree.k.apparao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "George Dunlap " <dunlapg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 20:22:46 -0400
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 17:23:13 -0700
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=a8DNxUhzigaeb3nXbtaG3SsME3Cd8kjqRQZr3Wk6t21CcG2cOLmzA90+jOfn1Sr1CeJJkguH7rF5LZXIquUleLqQcTgZTgbrnvE6S76KEeCk8Llqli/drhrXttj6jMa6UmGVABE08RWlDScIit1obq7Oh82b13RDnKUao2toL8E=

To enable mercurial-quilt, add the following line to the [extensions]
section of your ~/.hgrc file:
mq=

[Sorry, pressed the 'send' key accidentally]

yes, add "mq=" to your ~/.hgrc file.

To move over to quilt, you probably want to break your patches down
into logical chunks.  Make a new patch by:
$ hg qnew [patchname]
Then, make whatever edits you want; possibly, using "patch" from some
of the exported changesets from before.  When you're done, type
$ hg qrefresh
This will push watever changes into the "current" patch.
$ hg qseries -v
Will show you all the patches in your series, and which ones have been
applied.  qpush and qpop will push and pop one patch in the series.
"hg qpush -a" and "hg qpop -a" will push and pull all patches in the
series, respectively.

With quilt, when you want to move to a new place in the mainline
repository, or update to the newest version, you can do the following:
$ hg qpop -a
$ hg update [rev]  OR hg pull ; hg update
$ hg qpush -a

The "quilt" mode of operation is especially useful if you ever intend
to submit the patches to the mailing list.

The resulting patches can be found in the .hg/patches/ directory.

Patches can be added manually by editing the 'series' file in that directory.

Is this helpful?
-George