[Xen-devel] Re: [MINIOS] Changes for port to ia64

Hi,

Hi there.

Sorry for a slow reply (I've been busy with other stuff over the last week).

The patch looks ok to me, but I think a better filename would be "setup.c" not "common.c". The fact that the file is in arch/x86 makes it quite obvious that it's common to all x86 subarchs.

Could you resent the patch (directly to Keir maybe).

Thanks
Gregor

I try this patch for mini-os again in the hope of a answer.
(see http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2006-09/ msg00439.html)

to avoid lots of #ifdefs in extras/mini-os/kernel.c I would like to separate some code in kernel.c into another new file arch/x86/common.c and use a function like arch_init() to do some architecture specific initializations.
I added a patch with my suggestions for the changes.

--
Dietmar Hahn               Telephone: +49 (0) 89 636 40274
Fujitsu Siemens Computers  Telefax:   +49 (0) 89 636 40601