Re: [Xen-devel] save/restore image format

Dong, Eddie wrote:
Another curious question for save/restore in my opnion is that should we
encrypt the saved image or not?

The qcow v2 format has the ability to save memory images (actually, multiple snapshots). Plus, qcow supports encryption. May be something to consider.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

 Given an usage model where people share
physical computers, say an University Lab, but everybody own an virtual
machine that is saved on network but can be restore and executed at any
physical box. In this case, encryption to the image file is a must.
Even for live migration, probably encryption is a must in future. With
data file encrypted, probably the existing tools like objdump can no
longer work the save image file even we use ELF.

thx,eddie