Re: [Xen-devel] Testing Report for Xen 3.0.3 rc1

> Here are issues found in our tests, For the first 6 issues, I think it's
> better to be fixed in 3.0.3:
> 1. Para-virtualization driver doen't work for HVM guests
>
> The hvm guest always hanged or met kernel panic when trying to load
> xenbus.ko. So vbd and vnif don't work on IA32 and IA32e HV.
Should be fixed by cset 11672 on unstable.

> 5. Booting VMX with vcpus=16, but in guest it shows only 8 CPUs
>
> We found the issue on Paxville, which machine has 16 LP. Setting
> vcpus=16 in configuration file and then starting VMX.
> When VMX starts up, only 8 cpus found in guest OS through /proc/cpuinfo,
> and "xm vcpu-list" shows
> that 8 vcpu are in status "r" and 8 are in status of "p".
Linux, by default, will only use the first 8 processors in the system.
What's NR_CPUS in your kernel config?

> 6. Using vi in VMX hangs guest
>
> It's an old issue which always makes our work hard. But I think it
> should be fixed in 3.0.3 since VI is very popular command, isn't it?
That's not good.  I'm optimistic that it was fixed by csets 11622 and
11624 of xen-unstable, but I've never been able to reproduce this
reliably enough to test.  Could you have another go, please?

> 8. Can not input number from speail number keys (when Open Num Lock)
> It's also a user experience issue, sometimes the keyboard will work and
> sometimes not.
Is this HVM guests using the vnc viewer?

> 12. Can't set acoustic on VMX IDE
Acoustic as in noise control, yes?  Why would you ever need to?

Steven.