RE: [Xen-devel] Building firmware on NetBSD

  • To: "Pierrick Brossin" <pierrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 15:53:53 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 06:57:34 -0700

What do you mean "when I run it"? Hvmloader is not a regular
application, it's a piece of code intended to be loaded by Xen into the
virtual machine and executed there - is that what you're doing, or are
you typing "hvmloader" at the command prompt on the machine - the latter
is almost guaranteed to fail immediately (_start sounds like the first
thing that happens).

As far as I can think, there shouldn't be any difference to this on a
NetBSD or Linux platform, as both use gcc and related tools to build the
binary, and unless something has gone wrong with the link-scripts or
there are bugs in the gcc & friends for NetBSD that generates different
code or the linker locates the code to a different location, I don't see
how the OS that you build hvmloader on would of any matter...

--
Mats