Re: [Xen-devel] XenU boot loader?

> What's the current status of the XenU boot loader code?

I think the best solution for now is to leverage Werner Almesberger's kboot
(http://kboot.sf.net) and possibly the IBM zSeries guys "System Loader" patch
to it.

> I saw earlier posts saying kboot was going to be used.
> Is this working in any version of the codebase at the moment?

This was stalled on a kexec implementation being available for Xen, but Gerd
has been doing some great work on making this possible.

The main other sticking point with using kboot is that it won't be so
straightforward to boot off ZFS filesystems for OpenSolaris (although there
is a project to port the OpenSolaris ZFS code to run under FUSE on Linux, so
this may be possible one day...).

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.