Re: [Xen-devel] Linux Traffic Shaping broken in 3.0.3rc1 ?

Keir Fraser wrote:
> On 9/10/06 17:18, "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> As for save/restore of domains with non-dom0 backends. That's pushing the
>> envelope somewhat and might require some changes to our tools. But at the
>> very least it shouldn't leave zombies hanging around. I'll give your setup a
>> test and see what can be done.
>
> Actually, you cannot save/restore backend domains at all, even when they are
> not actually configured to access real hardware. We should give a better
> error message about that, of course. ;-)
If it is not possible to save/restore a backend domain it is ok. The
reason why stumbled across this problem was that the xendomains script
tried to save the domains on reboot of Domain-0. That failed of course.

Then xendomains tries to shutdown these remaining domains. That fails
too and the host did not reboot for a long time. IMHO that is the main
problem.

The xen scripts that lie around in the system should be aware of the
fact that certain domains cannot be saved, and handle this situation
gracefully.

> The zombie xendom2 will exist until xendom1 is destroyed, for sure. This is
> because xendom1 holds onto some xendom2 resources. *But* does xendom2
> continue to exist as a zombie even after you forcibly 'xm destroy' xendom1?
You are right. After destroying xendom1 the zombie domain went away too.

Greetings,
-timo
--
Timo Benk - Jabber ID: fry@xxxxxxxxxx - ICQ ID: #241877854