Re: [Xen-devel] HVM domain crash when network attach

On 13/10/06 14:44, "Hirofumi Tsujimura" <tsujimura.hirof@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Then, the kernel of domainHVM panicked and outputted a message
> "kernel panic - not syncing: Unable to reduce memory reservation".

That's a nasty race caused by netfront not waiting for the backend to reach
InitWait state before reading its advertised features. Since this is a domU
guest issue I'd like to have it fixed for 3.0.3. I've put a fix in
xen-unstable as c/s 11755:7da100019e00 and I'll also do a 3.0.3-rc5 shortly,
since this touches some moderately complicated code.

 -- Keir