[Xen-devel] is xen_l1_entry_update a nop?

There's an interesting finding about xen_l1_entry_update in dom0, when
we're doing some debug.

We add a printk within xen_l1_entry_update (in xenlinux), and also add a
printk at very start of each do_mmu_update (in xen). However what we
observed is:
        - All xen_l1_entry_update prints have no corresponding
do_mmu_update prints
        - All do_mmu_update prints also have no corresponding
xen_l1_entry_update.

So it seems that do_mmu_update is not invoked although
xen_l1_entry_update is implemented as:
--
BUG_ON(HYPERVISOR_mmu_update(&u, 1, NULL, DOMID_SELF) < 0);
--

However it seems that at least all __set_fix_maps depend on
xen_l1_entry_update path, and if it's a nop, how is xenlinux page table

Our environment is x86-64. :-(

Thanks,
Kevin