[Xen-users] xen and latency - sending faxes via capi (fritzcard USB in domU)

Hi,

I am having the following problem: I am sending faxes via HylaFax over a
FritzCard USB in a domU. The Card is attached to an USB controller, which is
passed to the domU.

I had the bvt scheduler, and had no Problems with it. I switched to the credit
scheduler a few weeks ago. Now I have the problem, that sometimes faxes don't
get transmitted complete.

The box has a very low load - none of the domains has much to do, and it is a
dual Opteron. Sending faxes is time critical - AVM implements the capi in the
kernel space, to have lower latency.

I know, that virtualization is very bad for latency critical tasks.

I tried to set the weigh of the fax sending domain to a very high level (4000)
and the other domains to 128, but it didn't help.

How can I grant a given latency to a domU? Or yould it be best, to put the capi
stuff in dom0? I don't like to put this into dom0, because rebooting dom0 is
much more difficult, than domU.

Johnny