Re: [Xen-devel] Getting a bus address for granted page in dom0

On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 11:26 +0000, Keir Fraser wrote:
> Do you need to map the rings into dom0 addr space at all? If not just do a
> GNTMAP_device_map yourself, and this will return a dev_bus_addr that you can
> poke into hardware. If you go this route you avoid using the Linux DMA
> interfaces altogether.

Thanks Keir, that was exactly what I was looking for.

I've implemented this as an extra little helper function in
xenbus_backend_client.c as an alternative to xenbus_map_ring() and
xenbus_map_ring_valloc().  Is this something of wider use/interest?  I'd
be happy to submit a patch if so.

Kieran