Re: [Xen-devel] feature flags use

>That flag is treated oddly. Actually we detect if the kernel uses Elf notes
>or whether it has the string PAE=yes[extended]. In either case we notify the
>hypervisor via *vm_assist*! This then decides whether or not we advertise
>the XENFEAT flag to the domU.

I was talking about XENFEAT_pae_pgdir_above_4gb - this flag appears to be
be useless.
Also, regardless of whether you advertise support for the feature to a domU,
the code inside Xen doesn't treat the two cases (kernel with and without this
flag set) differently.

>Anyway, what feature flag do you want to add? Is this to distinguish PV PAE
>guest from PV 64-bit guest?

At this point I was thinking about that hypervisor_virt_start change that the
kernel needs to advertise it can deal with.

Jan