RE: [Xen-devel] Need information related to shadowing

  • To: "Tim Wood" <twwood@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Sameer Ahuja" <sameer.ahuja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 09:41:34 +0530
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 20:14:21 -0800

Hi,

Thanks a lot to all of you for your previous replies. That helped me a
lot in understanding the code. I still have some queries.

Can you please tell me how is Shadow Page Table generated/maintained?
What is the flow for the page fault handler of VMM in context of x86_64
(Intel EM64T)?

If possible, please tell me the code flow related to shadow page table
handling in XEN.

I have gone through the links you sent earlier as well as some of the
code files especially through following:

xen\arch\x86\mm\shadow\multi.c
xen\arch\x86\mm\shadow\common.c
xen\arch\x86\mm\mm.c

But I have not been able to establish the code flow based on Intel
EM64T.
Regards,
Sameer