[Xen-devel] About VIF definition of PV NIC and IOEMU NIC

Hi all,

We were testing PV-on-HVM drivers on VTx domain. But VNIF modules has problems. After I tried to insmod VNIF driver, VTx domain crashed. The crashing happened if I also use IOEMU NIC for VTx domain.

config should like:
 vif = [ 'type=ioemu, bridge=xenbr0', '' ]

I have confirmed this problem has already corrected it as follows.
The crash doesn't happen even if IOEMU NIC is used for the VTx domain.

・xen-unstable.hg       : cs 12048
[NET] front: Clean up error handling. This eliminates earlier work around patch for an observed crash.

But the crashing happened if 'xm network-detach' is executed for IOEMU NIC.
Because IOEMU NIC is shut as VNIF.
I think that I should not register originally IOEMU NIC in xenwatch.
Therefore, I think also we need a unified way in xenstore frontend side
to differentiate these two kinds of devices.

How do you think about this?

A similar problem seems to have been talk before. http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2006-10/msg01333.html

Thanks,
Takanori Kasai