RE: [Xen-devel][RFC]degradation on IPF due to hypercall set irq

  • To: "Keir Fraser" <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Xu, Anthony" <anthony.xu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 10:00:27 +0800
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-ia64-devel <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 18:00:43 -0800

Keir Fraser write on 2006年11月22日 18:28:
> On 22/11/06 10:23, "Xu, Anthony" <anthony.xu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Since the threads run independently there seems little choice but for
> each to be able to flush. If the IDE DMA support had been properly
> integrated into the qemu select() event loop this would not be an
> issue.

Hi keir,

I'm trying to use multi hypercall to resolve this issue.
But I found it is difficult to use multi hypercall in qemu.
Because a hypercall have different argument in qemu, libxc and dom0 kernel.

For example,
In qemu,
xc_evtchn_notify(xce_handle, ioreq_local_port[send_vcpu]);
In libxc
ioctl(xce_handle, IOCTL_EVTCHN_NOTIFY, &notify);
In dom0 kernel
HYPERVISOR_event_channel_op(EVTCHNOP_send, &send);

If we want to use multi hypercall in qemu, we need to get the interface
information
of dom0 kernel. We may need to add several more hypercall.

I propose to change xc_hvm_set_irq_level functionality to deliver interrupt and
wakeup cpu
at the same time.
For example,
 xc_hvm_set_irq_and_wakeup_cpu(int xc_handle, domid_t dom, int irq, int level,
int cpu)
This hypercall will deliver interrupt irq and wake up cpu.

What's your opinion?

Thanks,
Anthony