Re: [Xen-devel] Monitoring I/O rate for each VMs

  • From: Thomas Goirand <thomas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 17:25:43 +0800
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 01:25:59 -0800

Keir Fraser wrote:
> On 26/11/06 9:49 pm, "Thomas Goirand" <thomas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> It's nice already, but I'd like to add the I/O rate of each of my VMs as
>> well, to know which of them is taking too much bandwidth or hard drives.
>> Does one of you know where to get this information?
>
> There are per-vbd read and write stats under
> /sys/<path-to-vbd>/statistics/{rd_req,wr_req}
>
> Unfortunately these count requests rather than bytes served. This may be
> what you want though, as #requests should be proportional to the number of
> expensive disc operations (seeking and settling). Long contiguous requests
> are not proportionally more expensive than short ones.

Hi!

I didn't find such file where you said. Even a "locate statistics"
didn't help. Note that I'm using lvm partitions, and xen 3.0.2-2 (and
2.0.7 in some older servers), and my LVs are of form /dev/lvm1/xen01, is
<path-to-vdb> for loopback?

Thomas

P.S: No need to write to me, I'm subscribed