Re: [Xen-devel] pfn to mfn mapping for HVM domains?

thing in PV domains. Try using xc_translate_gpfn_list instead, which
does P2M translation on HVM domains.

I'm having trouble with the value returned from this function.  I've
been working on this for a while and my conclusion is that there must
be an error in my logic (most likely!) or a bug in this function.

Here's an update on this issue, primarily so that future people searching the archives might not have to repeat my debugging:

It turns out that the problem I ran into relates to how the value "swapper_pg_dir" from the System map is used. For PV domains, this value points to a location in memory that holds the virtual address of the base of the kpgd. For HVM domains, this value points to the base of the kpgd. I'm not sure why the difference exists (I'd certainly be interested in learning if someone could explain it), but this was the key insight that fixed my problems.

So, the error was in my logic and not anywhere in the hypervisor :-) Thanks to everyone who helped with this along the way...

Cheers,
bryan