Re: [Xen-devel]Question about qemu interrupt deliver.

1a. If there is opportunity for code reuse we should aim for it. I'd be
happy to see a root hvm/ directory. Clearly the IOAPIC code is already
shared and that could be made more explicit by moving the source file.

1b. I don't care about the hypervisor getting bigger if the alternative is
simply pushing code into other critical components. If the device models are
buggy then HVM domains do not work -- it doesn't matter whether the code is
in Xen or in qemu-dm. In some respects I prefer the former as I will tend to
audit Xen code more aggressively. There is a downside that the effects of
bad code may not be limited to a single guest but we should be aiming for
high-quality code regardless of the context in which it executes.

2. I browsed a few drivers and concluded that most have correct INTx
assertion behaviour. Any that don't should be fixed. Hacks like the 0-1
pulse done for periodic timers need addressing in a future patch, for
example.

 -- Keir