Re: [Xen-devel] external device migrate scripts

xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 11/30/2006 08:19:24 PM:

> [...]

For the vTPM there's a migration daemon running on both sides, on the source side for sending the vTPM state and on the destination side for receiving the state. Afterwards the vTPM hotplug script takes care of resuming the operation of a particular vTPM instance.

Now in the case of a block device I would first use soemthing like 'scp' to copy a disk image file to the destination machine. Assuming that that file ends up in the right directory you have done the same thing as the vTPM migration daemon had to do in a more complicated way (transferring the state of a vTPM instance using its own protocol). Anyway, afterwards it's up to the hotplug scripts again to hook up the disk image file and 'resume' operation. If you are able to suspend/resume a VM that uses a disk image file, then there's a good chance that this might work. I am not sure what else you would need to trigger on the target machine.

  Stefan