Re: [Xen-devel] Re: logs attached. Re: [Xen-users] Can not find the cdrom device in /dev/ afterbooted into xen(3.0.3)

On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 18:56:38 +0000
Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Actually, now I look closer it seems that on native the IDE I/O ports are
> detected as 0x1860-0x1867, but the Xen kernel is failing to detect this and
> is then failing to register at the default 0x1f0, probably because a legacy
> ISA IDE driver is registered there.

More likely becaue as you already said the I/O ports are at 0x1860-1867.
In native mode an ATA channel honours the PCI spec, in legacy mode it
uses magic hard coded addresses.

Also if the device is on the SATA side you need libata and drivers/ata
support not the legacy PIIX driver for the old drivers/ide code.

Alan