Re: [Xen-devel] kexec trouble

On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 02:23:36PM +0100, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:

> We *must* find a more sane way to maintain the linux kernel sources,
> this is one more reason why mixing sparse tree and patches isn't going
> to fly.  As far I know at least the sparse tree is planned to be
> dropped, now with dom0 and xen being decoupled (3.0.3+) it should be
> possible without too much hassle.  Any plans what to use instead?  quilt
> patch queue?

A full hg or git tree would be nicer... the way things are going,
patches applied to such a tree wouldn't be appropriate for upstream
inclusion without cleaning up anyway, so I don't see what the patch
queue method will buy us as opposed to a full tree. Of course nearly
anything would be better than the sparse + patches method.

Cheers,
Muli