RE: [Xen-devel] [patch] new version of find_domain_by_id() without reference count [0/6]

  Yes, I also thought we needed better names but my thinking was that
  we could change the names in separate patches after we were sure
  no code was still using find_domain_by_id() with the old semantics.
  Since I can only run and compile the x86 version I was afraid that
  I might have missed some code using find_domain_by_id() in the
  other archs. But I guess I was being too conservative. It is
  probably fine to change the names as you suggested in the next
  patch.

> I'd be interested to know what this does for
> find/get_domain_by_id() percentages in your network profiles.

  For TCP TX find_domain_by_id() cost is reduced from 3.05% of the
  total CPU cycles to 0.19% in my machine using the new version.
  I have not run a RX benchmark yet, but I can get those numbers
  Monday.

  Regards

  Renato