Re: [Xen-devel] Race with hotplug vif scripts

  • To: Jacob Gorm Hansen <jacobg@xxxxxxx>, xen-devel <Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 19:03:22 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 11:03:11 -0800

On 30/12/06 18:52, "Jacob Gorm Hansen" <jacobg@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Currently I just set the frontend to '4', and just wait for the backend
> state to also become '4' (connected), but this does not work in all
> cases. How can I synchronize with the hotplug script, and what is the
> correct sequence of XenBus states?

Jumping straight to state 4 is fine. Unlike blkback, there is no interlock
between the hotplug scripts and netback. You could work around this by
having an interlock between your hotplug script and your domain builder. Or
we could add an interlock into netback, but this would probably have to
break compatibility between netback and net hotplug scripts.

 -- Keir