Re: [Xen-devel] VMX status report 13197:d275951acf10

On 31/12/06 3:13 am, "Huang, Xinmei" <xinmei.huang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This bug occurs when ia32e up kernel boots (including installation). From cs
> 12847,
> vlapic_id = vcpu_id+1 while vlapic_id = vcpu_id before this cs.
> Linux kernel (version < 2.6.14,  i am not sure of the exact version ) would
> assume boot cpu id =0.
> There are come special codes only in ia32e up kernel:

That's a pain. It's not hard to come up with another LAPIC numbering that
gives VCPU0 LAPIC_ID=0. All I was trying to achieve was to give the IOAPIC a
4-bit identifier that differs from all LAPIC 8-bit identifiers. I'll do this
a different way.

 -- Keir