Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Reversing the DMA handle

On 11/1/07 3:21 am, "Pete Zaitcev" <zaitcev@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The SWIOTLB is something I can't understand still. The code sure looks
> like returning physical addresses to be used as DMA handles, just like
> any usual routines do:

Yes, but suitably low physical addresses which are kept in sync with the
original high addresses by occasional memcpy().

The question is: if you have a 'DMA address' that belongs to the swiotlb, do
you mind if the MFN->PFN translation yields you an address inside the
swiotlb aperture rather than the original driver address? Since both
addresses are valid local memory, and both should contain a reasonably
up-to-date copy of the data you are wanting to sniff, I guess maybe you
don't actually care.

 -- Keir