Re: [Xen-devel] Tracking "Cannot allocate memory" error in shadow_alloc_p2m_table

At 08:05 -0500 on 12 Jan (1168589116), Steven Rostedt wrote:
> Is there a way to tell if this is a translated PV guest?  I'd rather not
> do this code at all if it is not needed.

It just needs the PV loader to be tweaked, and we can drop it entirely.

> We are mapping pages into a
> guess from junk data. I hate to find out later on that something is
> missed, and we allow for the guest to have access to memory it should
> not have.

That's not a risk.  The MFNs we're putting into the p2m map are
definitely correct: they're taken from the domain's page list.  It's
just that they're going in at the wrong guest-physical addresses.

Tim.