RE: [Xen-devel] Help: Could anybody know about the Intel' s "LaGrande" technologies? Did the Xen be under development using this stuff?

  • To: <xenway@xxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xense-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Cihula, Joseph" <joseph.cihula@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 22:51:35 -0800
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 22:51:22 -0800

Hi,

There is a patch to the mid Sept. '06 version of Xen that supports LaGrande
Technology (now called Intel(r) Trusted Execution Technology or Intel(r) TXT).
You can find it at:
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2006-09/msg00698.html.

There has been some discussion following the patch as to how best to
incorporate such technology into Xen and it was decided that it would be best
as a separate module that launched Xen (rather than integrated into the Xen
binary as is the case with the above patch).  I will be releasing a new version
that supports this model shortly.

I've also sent this reply to the xense-devel mailing list, as that list is
specifically concerned with the security-related aspects of Xen.

Joseph Cihula
(Linux) Software Security Architect
Open Source Technology Center
Intel Corp.