RE: [Xen-devel] Modular Xen

  • To: "David Pilger" <pilger.david@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ilan Horn" <ilan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 14:15:19 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 11:14:49 -0800

Makes a lot of sense IMHO.

It would also provide for better opportunity in extending Xen - some of
the features can really "get in your way" when you're trying to add new
features. This, for features you don't really need (did someone say
NUMA?).
Suppose I would be able to easily take out redundant stuff (without
having to go into the code and comment out a zillion lines of code), I
would be able to more easily develop initial implementations of new
features.
Later, I would put everything back in and make sure it all works
together. But that's the final stage of such a project, shouldn't be
mandatory at the pilot stages...

My 2c

Ilan Horn
Chief Software Architect, Neocleus Inc.