Re: [Xen-devel] IVTV and xen: silent intermittent failures reading from /dev/video0

  • To: Dan Schmick <dschmick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 08:52:36 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 00:52:38 -0800

On 20/1/07 3:30 am, "Dan Schmick" <dschmick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My recordings 'hiccup' every 2-10 minutes or so.  The hiccup is a jump in the recording of probably just a few seconds.  I believe that mythtv detects that reading from the device has failed and restarts the read. These interruptions are annoying but I don't have a machine to dedicate to this purpose, so I'm stuck with them.  If there's anything that I can do to help diagnose this problem please let me know.

What happens if you pin the ivtv domain to a CPU that no other domains run on? E.g., ivtv on cpu1 and all others on cpu0? Perhaps preemption latency is an issue.

 -- Keir