[Xen-devel] Re: New domain builder in xen-unstable

On 26/1/07 5:04 pm, "Hollis Blanchard" <hollisb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Not sure what you mean by "our own domain builder"; we've been
>> implementing xc_linux_build() for quite a while now (and thus integrated
>> with xend).
>
> Sorry, I misunderstood. I was seeing all the libelf churn, and I missed
> the fact that xc_linux_build() is going away entirely (?).
>
> I'm still not sure what you mean by "our own domain builder" -- there is
> simply no way we're going to add more ifdefs to
> tools/libxc/xc_linux_build.c (or equivalent)...

xc_linux_build() is still provided in the 'new world' and is still used by
xend. For ia64/x86 it is now a thin wrapper around Gerd's new
domain-building infrastructure. For ppc you can continue to have your very
own version under libxc/powerpc if you want to, and not use Gerd's new
domain-building infrastructure. But the elf code that you rely on is going
away, so you need to move to using libelf, which I'm sure Gerd can give you
some pointers about.

 -- Keir