Re: [Xen-devel] Fwd: Re: [Xen-users] bugzilla.xensource.com

  • To: "Daniele Palumbo" <daniele@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Henning Sprang" <henning_sprang@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 21:20:44 +0100
  • Cc: Xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 12:20:18 -0800
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=KqJSHapPbIqiP822alAT86976VO2VR4spy7F3BeO6v9WlOyEtOmpJFtsNivTe0/zlQQwLy3rnY6l3erfCbZhEarlYaLPojPeaNENlClgtFacudfkwH9WsS/v/d2LlheQfmVjKWGW9K25CUI6/fAX8nExYN/PJl+q0ygPjYUnSWA=

On 1/25/07, Daniele Palumbo <daniele@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday 25 January 2007 11:20, Keir Fraser wrote:
> The bugzilla is used largely for tracking issues we already know about and
> are working on. It's not triaged for new bugs as often as it ought to be.
> So if you have an issue, the right thing to do is usually to post to
> xen-users or xen-devel (depending on whether it looks to be a real bug or
> possibly just user error) and then let us know you are creating a bugzilla
> ticket if the issue cannot quickly be resolved.

i have updated http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenFaq with "how to report a
bug".

Cool.
Maybe it's a good idea, to point to that FAQ, or just print this
information on the bugzilla frontpage - I also posted a handful of
bugs recently, without announcing them on xen-devel in addition, and I
also was thinking they will  probably be fixed in  some future
version. Now I know, without announcing them on devel there's not much
hope, even if patches are attached...

BTW: maybe someone let the email-only communicating developers know
that there is a mailing list that sends out mails on each new bug? :)

And, one last thing: if I'd know that it's easier to get a bugfix in
when I send it in a specific format(maybe mercurial has a mail output,
like darcs?), I surely used that way.

Henning