Re: [Xen-devel] Greater than 3 NIC's in DomU?

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007, Christian Hergert wrote:
do you need 3 physical nics? or just multiple virtual nics?

Virtual NIC's..

i had a problem with this a while back for a few firewalls because i wanted a bunch of vlans in a domU. long story short, doing the vlans inside the domU vs outside worked out much better for both managment and performance. however, i had serious issues with broadcom tg3 chipset and vlans+xen. once switching to e1000 everything was nice.

I've also got tg3's, so I believe I'll run into the same issues. Unfortunately, mine are integrated NIC's in a system with no PCI slots available. :(

lots of info, may not be applicable, just throwing it out there.

*nods* - thanks!