[Xen-devel] Re: [patch] pvfb: Split mouse and keyboard into separate devices.

Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@xxxxxxx> writes:

>   Hi,
>
> This patch creates two separate input devices for keyboard and mouse
> events.  The reason for this is to separate them in the linux input
> layer and allow them being routed different ways.
>
> Use case:  Configure the X-Server like this to get the mouse
> events directly from the linux input layer, which has the major
> advantage that absolute coordinates work correctly:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>   Driver       "evdev"
>   Identifier   "Mouse[1]"
>   Option       "Device" "/dev/input/event<nr>"
> EndSection
>
> This makes the keyboard stop working though in case mouse and
> keyboard events are coming through the same input device.
>
> please apply,

I tried it out.  With the configuration sketched above, I get a
working keyboard and mouse, and the mouse behaves much better than
before.  However, with the default configuration, the mouse doesn't
work at all.

The drawbacks of just applying the patch are obvious, I think.

Gerd, any ideas how to make X recognize the split devices
automatically?