Re: [Xen-devel] xensource (pci) device id's?

Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-02-01 at 16:45 +0100, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
>>         kbd->name = "Xen Virtual Keyboard";
>> +       kbd->id.bustype = BUS_PCI;
>> +       kbd->id.vendor  = 0x5853; /* XenSource, Inc. */
>> +       kbd->id.product = 0x0002;
>>         ptr->name = "Xen Virtual Pointer";
>> +       ptr->id.bustype = BUS_PCI;
>> +       ptr->id.vendor  = 0x5853; /* XenSource, Inc. */
>> +       ptr->id.product = 0x0003;
>
> This isn't strictly true because this isn't really a PCI device. Is
> BUS_HOST not more appropriate?

Reason I've picked PCI is simply because they are taken from PCI namespace.

> Possibly we could still use our PCI vendor/product IDs since I guess
> they are pretty arbitrary with in the BUS_HOST namespace. What does the
> input layer do with these values anyway?

Nothing.  It's for userspace, to make detection and configuration
easier.  In practice it probably doesn't matter much whenever it is
BUS_PCI or BUS_HOST.  But we should stick with the one we pick ...

cheers,
  Gerd

--
Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@xxxxxxx>