Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [patch] pvfb: Split mouse and keyboard into separate devices.

On 2/2/07 16:29, "Gerd Hoffmann" <kraxel@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I guess I'll wait for this before applying the patch then.
>
> With Xorg 7.2, this patch, and the device id patch on top you can add
> this ...
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>   Driver        "evdev"
>   Identifier    "xenptr"
>   Option        "SendCoreEvents" "true"
>   Option        "vendor"        "0x5853"
>   Option        "product"       "0x0003"
> EndSection
>
> ... as additional (to the default /dev/input/mice) input device.  The
> new input device must also be added to the serverlayout section.
> WorksForMe[tm].

The complaint is that it doesn't work out of the box with current Xorg. If
that is a showstopper (it certainly is at the very least very undesirable!)
then it doesn't matter how simple the required config change is -- if any
change is required at all then the patch is untenable.

How hard would it be to contineu to provide the combined device as well as
the new split-out pointer device?

 -- Keir