[Xen-devel] Re: [patch 13/21] Xen-paravirt: Add nosegneg capability to the vsyscall page notes

Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
Zachary Amsden wrote:
I don't like this because now a kernel compiled with both CONFIG_XEN
and CONFIG_VMI has "nosegneg" turned on.  We don't actually require
this for performance or correctness, so it would be nice to be able to
dynamically turn it off instead of having it forced.

Any suggestions about how to do this?  It seems hard to have a note
dynamically appear and disappear in the vsyscall.so.

I wasn't terribly concerned about this, since there is effectively zero
performance difference between the two library implementations.

I'm not super concerned either, but I still don't like it. There already is dynamic replacement for vsyscall.so, so you could have just dropped in an an-note-ated version.

Zach