Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [patch 14/21] Xen-paravirt: Add XEN config options and disableunsupported config options.

Dan Hecht wrote:

Yes, and regardless of whether you run your periodic timer slower than HZ, calibrating time in a VM is always difficult due to the fact the kernel is time sharing the physical cpu. Why not just ask the underlying hypervisor?

Upstream Xen does just that.

I'm guessing we'll want something similar for KVM paravirt.

--
Politics is the struggle between those who want to make their country
the best in the world, and those who believe it already is.  Each group