[Xen-devel] [patch 00/24] Xen-paravirt_ops: Xen guest implementation for paravirt_ops interface

Hi Andi,

This patch series implements the Linux Xen guest as a paravirt_ops
backend.  The features in implemented this patch series are:
 * domU only
 * UP only (most code is SMP-safe, but there's no way to create a new vcpu)
 * writable pagetables, with late pinning/early unpinning
   (no shadow pagetable support)
 * supports both PAE and non-PAE modes
 * xen hvc console (console=hvc0)
 * virtual block device (blockfront)
 * virtual network device (netfront)

The patch series is in two parts:

1-12: cleanups to the core kernel, either to fix outright problems,
      or to add appropriate hooks needed by Xen
13-24: the Xen guest implementation itself

(Some of the earlier patches in the series have already been posted,
 but are included to make the series self-contained.)

I've tried to make each patch as self-explanatory as possible.  The
series is based on 2.6.20-git16.

Changes since the previous posting:
- rebased
- xen-console has been replaced with a xen backend for the hvc console
- dropped patch to remove pgd ctor/dtor
- shared-kernel-pmd extensively reviewed by wli
- use vmalloc_sync_all in alloc_vm_area
- cleaned up Xen Kconfig stuff

I looked at linking in xen-head.S rather than including it into
xen-head.S, but it seems to provoke linker bugs, so I've left it as-is
for now.

Thanks,