Re: [Xen-devel] How to map machine address and pseudo-physical address?

So the question is: Is machine memory mapped in dom0? if not, can I map
parts of it?

If I understand your question correctly, it sounds like you will want to use the xc_map_foreign_range function from libxc. That function will take an mfn, so you will need to convert the pseudo-physical address and convert it to a machine address first. There are mapping tables in xen to help you do this, but I have only used them for viewing memory from domU, not from the bios.

You might find some useful code in XenAccess as much of these techniques are implemented in there. You can download the code from xenaccess.sf.net.

Cheers,
bryan

-
Bryan D. Payne
Graduate Student, Computer Science
Georgia Tech Information Security Center
http://www.bryanpayne.org