[Xen-devel] Re: [patch 12/26] Xen-paravirt_ops: Fix patch site clobbers to include return register

Zachary Amsden wrote:

>> Things like what?  Do you mean the %[foo] asm parameter syntax?  I think
>> those versions are no longer supported - Arjan posted a patch a few days
>> ago to convert a pile of asms to this form.  Or do you mean something
>> else?
>>

> I meant having an output in the clobber list,

There's no output in the clobber list, just "memory" and "cc".  The
paravirt_clobber() is the stuff which gets put in the .parainstructions
section which tells the patcher what registers are expected to be
modified at that callsite (including both temp and output registers).