RE: [Xen-devel] 2.6.18 kernel status

The whole point of the staging tree is to get xen-unstable a bit more
stable. All changes come to the Xen-unstable tree eventually - and
usually within hours of hitting the staging tree.

As you probably are aware, the stability of Xen-unstable isn't always
wonderfull DESPITE going through the "basic test suite" - because it's
just basic automated testing.

Adding a "unstabler-unstable" isn't a great idea for MOST people - so it
would be of fairly limited use.

> In this particular instance it would also allow for end-user
> testing of
> the aforementioned kernel patch in parallel with the automated tests,
> rather than serializing the test proces.

In some circumstances this may be to an advantage, but for most cases, I
would say it's not particularly helpful.

--
Mats