Re: [XenPPC] Re: New domain builder in xen-unstable

On 6/3/07 20:56, "Hollis Blanchard" <hollisb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Keir, it turns out I was confused about libxc, and we were depending
> on the just-removed ELF loader. I'm fixing that now; please give me a
> heads-up on the 3.0.5 release so I'm not caught out.

You have a couple of weeks at least.

> Aside from that, it seems that xc_linux_build() is actually not called
> by anybody any longer. It looks like changeset a20ec270998b (from
> Brendan) removed the call from xc.c, replacing it with a call to the
> "new style" domain builder via xc_dom_linux_build().
>
> The new domain builder infrastructure is not flexible enough for
> PowerPC, so we're sticking with our own xc_linux_build(). It sounded
> before like that would be possible, so I assume a20ec270998b was just an
> oversight?

Hmm yes. You can #ifdef in the Python wrapper for now. But I'm surprised
that you can't move to the new domain builder at all -- it has hooks for
arch-dependent code to be inserted already, and we could add more if there's
a need.

 -- Keir