Re: [Xen-devel] question about the poll_timer

> Thank you for your reply
> I read to the function do_pci_op() you told me,but I am not familiar
> with the pci facility
> I guess the poll_timer gives a interval for pci probing before time out
> or something
> could you tell me more about pci and poll_timer
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> Atsushi SAKAI åé:

ISTR that the poll_timer is used to "Don't schedule me until an event comes
in, or if the event hasn't arrived within this timeout"

It's a bit like the poll() system call in this respect.

HTH,
Cheers,
Mark

> > Have you ever seen the do_pci_op() of
> > linux-2.6-sparse/drivers/xen/pcifront/pci_op.c?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Atsushi SAKAI
> >
> > tgh <tianguanhua@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> hi
> >>  I try to understand the scheduler part code of xen,and I am confused
> >> about the poll_timer
> >> could you help me by telling me about the meaning and function of
> >> poll_timer
> >>

> >> struct vcpu {
> >> struct timer     poll_timer;    /* timeout for SCHEDOP_poll */
> >> }
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!