[Xen-devel] Re: [patch 15/26] Xen-paravirt_ops: Add apply_to_page_range() which applies a function to a pte range.

* Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Add a new mm function apply_to_page_range() which applies a given
> function to every pte in a given virtual address range in a given mm
> structure. This is a generic alternative to cut-and-pasting the Linux
> idiomatic pagetable walking code in every place that a sequence of
> PTEs must be accessed.

nice one! I suspect we could simplify some of the less
performance-critical open-coded pagetable walker loops in the kernel
with this? (i'm not even sure it's all that much of a performance loss
to pass a function pointer around - would be nice to convert say
mprotect() to this and see the performance difference?)

Acked-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx>

        Ingo